✔ 2 large carrots
✔ 1 large yellow onion
✔ 2 sweet potatoes
✔ 1 lemon
✔ 100 g tomato coulis
✔ 1 clove of garlic
✔ About 2cm of fresh ginger
✔ 2 tsp curry powder
✔ 1 tsp paprika
✔ 2 tbsp vegetable stock powder
✔ 1 cup grated coconut (100g)
✔ 1 cup coral lentils (250g)
✔ 1 cup basmati rice
✔ 2 tablespoons olive oil
✔ Himalayan salt
1. Soak the lentils for 12 hours and then rinse them well.
2. Prepare the coconut milk (simple): put the grated coconut and two cups of boiling water in a blender. Leave for 30min to infuse the flavors.
Peel the onions and garlic.
4. Cut the onions into strips and the sweet potatoes into cubes. Use the peeler to slice the carrots. Chop the garlic and ginger.
5. In the olive oil, fry the onions, garlic, ginger and spices (except salt and pepper), stirring regularly. If it sticks slightly, don't panic, add a dash of water.
6. Add the carrots, sweet potatoes, lentils and then the tomato coulis, stirring between each addition.
7. Finish preparing the coconut milk (mix on high speed for 2 minutes) and pour it into the pan.
8. Cover and simmer for about 30 minutes.
9. Meanwhile, prepare the rice: put it in a saucepan with two cups of fresh water, bring to the boil and cook for about 10 minutes.
10. Add the juice of half a lemon to the dahl and season with pepper and salt to taste. Serve a portion of rice with the hot dahl, sprinkle with crushed cashews and a sprig of flat-leaf parsley.
Our markets On Facebook
Our Markets On Instagram
Our markets On LinkedIn
Our markets On Youtube
Our markets on Pinterest