Tajine rhubarb – chickpeas – sweet potato
For two people :
✔ 100g chickpeas
✔ 1 small sweet potato
✔ 1 small chopped red onion
✔ 2 carrots
✔ 2 sticks of rhubarb
✔ Spices: 1 tsp turmeric, 1 tsp curry, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp paprika, 2 tbsp vegetable broth powder
✔ 1 small handful of cashew nuts
✔ 1 small handful of raisins
✔ 2 teaspoons of honey
- Soak the chickpeas 12 hours and cook them in a large volume of water for 1 hour.
- Sauté the red onions in a wok with olive oil.
- Peel and chop all the vegetables into cubes and slices (rhubarb included).
- Add them, the spices and salt in the wok.
- Add 300ml of water and simmer for 25 minutes. Sweet potatoes and carrots should be tender but not too much.
- Add the cooked chickpeas, honey, cashews, raisins and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Serve with couscous or millet.
- Optional: sparkle with fresh coriander.
? Did you know? ? Rhubarb is often counted as a fruit and is generally used in the composition of desserts. But in reality, rhubarb is a delicious vegetable also in salty preparations.
✅ Healthy recipe ? With 100% products The Barn ?☝?