Easy, quick and healthy recipe with 100% organic products from The Barn presented by WESH food 🌾☝🏻
For 8 slices
✔ 200g grated carrots
✔ 100g apples
✔ 50g olive oil
✔ 30g sparkling water
✔ 10g cider vinegar
✔ 180g spelt flour
✔ 80g cane sugar
✔ 2 large handfuls of crushed nuts
✔ 1 teaspoon cinnamon
✔ a pinch of salt
For the topping:
✔ 50g cashew nuts (soaked for 12 hours then rinsed well)
✔ 80g grated coconut
✔ 125ml water
✔ 6 tbsp cane sugar
- Prepare the topping: Mix all the ingredients in a blender, pour into a container, close tightly and put in the fridge.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Chop the apples into slices, put them in a saucepan with a little water, cook until the apples soften and mix everything up to make a sauce.
- Mix the liquid ingredients together in a bowl (carrots, applesauce, olive oil, sparkling water and cider vinegar) and the dry ingredients in another bowl (spelt flour, cane sugar, walnuts, cinnamon and salt).
- Mix the two mixtures together and pour into a baking pan covered with baking paper.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Let the cake cool down and add the cream over it when serving.