Easy, quick and healthy recipe with 100% organic products from The Barn presented by WESH food 🌾☝🏻
For 4 persons
✔️ 2 large carrots
✔️ 1 large yellow onion
✔️ 2 sweet potatoes
✔️ 1 lemon
✔️ 100 g tomato coulis
✔️ 1 garlic clove
✔️ About 2cm of fresh ginger
✔️ 2 tbsp of curry
✔️ 1 teaspoon of paprika
✔️ 2 tbsp vegetable stock powder
✔️ 1 cup of grated coconut (100g)
✔️ 1 cup of coral lentils (250g)
✔️ 1 cup basmati rice
✔️ 2 tablespoons of olive oil
✔️ Himalayan salt
1. Soak the lentils for 12 hours and then rinse them well.
2. Prepare the coconut milk (simple): put the grated coconut and two cups of boiling water in a blender. Leave for 30min to infuse the flavors.
3. Peel the onions and garlic.
4. Cut the onions into strips and the sweet potatoes into cubes. Use the peeler to make carrot strips. Chop the garlic and ginger.
5. Sauté the onions, garlic, ginger and spices (except salt and pepper) in olive oil, stirring regularly. If it clings slightly, don’t panic, add a trickle of water.
6. Add the carrots, sweet potatoes, lentils and then the tomato coulis, stirring continuously between each addition.
7. Finish preparing the coconut milk (mix at maximum speed for 2 minutes) then pour it into the pan.
8. Cover and simmer for about 30 minutes.
9. Meanwhile, prepare the rice: bring to the boil with two cups of fresh water, and cook for about 10 minutes.
10. In the dahl, add the juice of half a lemon, add pepper and salt to taste. Serve a portion of rice with the hot dahl, sprinkle with crushed cashew nuts and a sprig of flat parsley.