Easy, quick and healthy recipe with 100% organic products from The Barn presented by WESH food 🌾☝🏻
For one large pizza or two small ones
For the dough:
✔️ 300 g cooked beets
✔️ 400 g white flour
✔️ 15 tsp of warm water
✔️ 20 g honey
✔️ 5 g salt
✔️ 7 g fresh yeast
For the topping:
✔️ 50 g walnut
✔️ 400 g feta cheese
✔️ 5-6 carrots
✔️ Olive oil
Prepare the dough:
- In a small bowl or using a blender, blend the cooked beets into a puree
- In a large bowl, whisk the yeast, warm water and honey together.
- Add 300 g of flour, the beet puree and the salt
- Gradually add more flour until the dough is almost not sticking to your fingers
- On a floured work surface, knead the dough, adding more flour if necessary, to obtain a smooth, non-sticky ball.
- Place this ball in an oiled bowl, cover and let the dough rise for 2 hours.
Prepare the toppings
- While the dough is rising, peel and quarter the carrots lengthwise.
- Arrange on a baking paper, sprinkle with olive oil, a dash of honey, salt and pepper.
- Bake at 200°C for about 30min, stirring occasionally.
- In a bowl, crumble the feta cheese and sprinkle with a tablespoon of olive oil
And finally… assemble the pizza!
Turn up the oven to 230°C.
- On the greaseproof paper of the carrots, roll out the dough with your fingers (you may want to cut the dough in half first if you want two small pizzas)
- Arrange the feta cheese, carrots, nuts and sprinkle with thyme.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 230°C.
- Remove from the oven, add the arugula, a drizzle of olive oil and enjoy!
💡 If you don’t have time: at The Barn, you can find pre-cooked beets in the fridge!