Easy, quick and healthy recipe with 100% organic products from The Barn presented by WESH food 🌾☝🏻
Prepare delicious and healthy lunches that you can easily take with you? It’s a breeze by following the steps below!
✔️ Start with a bed of cooked grains: millet, quinoa, rice, buckwheat, etc.
✔️ Then add some good veggies: mix, if you like, cooked and melting veggies with raw and crunchy ones
✔️ Choose a protein source: chicken strips, bacon, a hard-cooked egg, nuts (almonds, cashews, hazelnuts, etc), hummus, lentils, cheese cubes, etc.
✔️ Prepare a dressing for the intake of good fats
✔️ Finish with fresh herbs (parsley, basil, mint, etc) and a crunchy touch (sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, flax seeds, sesame seeds, etc).
Here is the recipe in the photo:
For two people:
✔️ 120 g millet
✔️ 160 g of chicken
✔️ 1/4 broccoli
✔️ 1/2 zucchini
✔️ 2 button mushrooms
✔️ 1/2 kohlrabi
✔️ Olive oil
✔️ Balsamic vinegar
✔️ A handful of pumpkin seeds
✔️ A handful of sunflower seeds
✔️ A handful of flax seeds
✔️ A few sprigs of parsley
1. Soak your millet in water (ideally 12 hours in advance). Rinse it, put it in a pot with fresh water, bring to a boil, then cook for about 10 minutes.
2. Cut the chicken, broccoli, zucchini and mushrooms into pieces and cook them in a pan with a little oil.
3. Cut the kohlrabi very finely (with a mandolin, if you have one).
4. Prepare the vinaigrette: mix olive oil, balsamic vinegar, a little honey and a dash of lemon juice. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Mix the different preparations and finish with the chopped parsley, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds and flax seeds.